Re: strike rail mystery. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:02:50 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: strike rail mystery. (fwd)

Scott,

Nothing that unususally here. Your strike rail is in effect
also an additional single turn of your Tesla transformer
and can develop a considerable potential. When it be-
came disconnected from the RF ground, this potential
was sufficient to arc the resultant gap. That's the reason
that you leave your 3" gap in the strike rail. Otherwise it
acts as a shorted turn and stills considerable power from
your coil's output.

David Rieben