RE: 3 phase pole pig (fwd), Richie's Site back up (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:49:36 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 3 phase pole pig (fwd), Richie's Site back up

Richie's most excellent site.

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/dcresist.html

Check the 6 pulse design.

Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:33 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 3 phase pole pig (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:15:00 -0500
From: David Dean <deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 01 November 2007 08:52:53 am you wrote:
> [...]

Hi Tomas

Can you give some specs. on the transformer?

I understand three phase is pretty common in Europe.   If you have a three
phase service it would be reasonably easy. You fed it three phase in and
rectify the three phase output and use it to power a DC coil. Configuration
would depend on how the transformer is wired internally.

I remember seeing where someone had made three identical Tesla coils and ran

them in close proximity from a common three phase source, each on a
different
phase. The three toploads arced together to form a "Y". I seem to remember
someone else doing something similar with a solid state device.

later
deano