Re: Ignition coil tesla (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:55:12 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ignition coil tesla (fwd)

Thanks,

I am not getting any sparks from my secondary with or without the capacitors
connected. I am only getting 17 volts across the secondary coil and ground,
which is the same as the positive terminal of the primary.

Thanks for your help so far"

	Sure appears that the drive circuit for the coil primary isn't working.  Have you checked and rechecked the wiring?
I don't know what test equipment you have but if you had a scope you could check waveforms through the circuit to see if the 555 timer is oscillating; looks as if it isn't.  What is the voltage to ground from pins 8 and 1 of the 555?  Are you sure the transistor connections are correct?  What voltages to ground do you measure at the base of each of the transistors?  What voltage at their collectors?

Ed

Ed