SCR & PRIMARY CONNECTIONS (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:44:17 -0000
From: Chris Swinson <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: SCR & PRIMARY CONNECTIONS

Hi all,

I am replacing my IGBT based coil with a SCR, however the SCR is too big to
place under the primary board. I am thinking of placing it ontop of the
board and then it will be next to the primary...

I am wondering if the RF off the primary will effect its operation ? The
catch is, the SCR is on 2 large heatsinks which are the 2 connections
anyway, so one side of the heatsink will be live with RF anyway (the other
side ground). So I am wondering if placing the SCR next to the primary will
actually be an issue ?

My primary is 2" copper strap so placing the SCR ontop will make life easier
for connections! So just checking if anyone has done anything along these
lines and more to the point had any problems...

Cheers,
Chris