Re: [TCML] Calculate Output Voltage

-----Original Message-----

If there were no breakout or losses, you could calculate the voltage more as the ratio of inductances or capacitances, assuming all the energy transfers from primary to secondary.  It doesn't but that will bound it.

In real life, the voltage is limited by sparks/corona forming on the secondary topload.  You can bound this by using the 3MV/meter breakdown for air.  If the radius of curvature is, say, 10cm (8 inch diameter), then the maximum voltage it can reach is 300kV, and that's for a nice smooth surface with no bumps.