RE: [TCML] output voltage for Tesla transformer

Yes, but I'm not sure that achieving maximum peak voltage means that you'd get bigger sparks.  The fact that sparks occur at all means that it's not achieving maximum potential.  With Tesla's goal of transmitting power, he also was shooting for maximum voltage with minimal sparking.  Achieving maximum voltage is good for bragging rights, but in order to get the longest sparks, the voltage will be less than maximum.

Choosing the optimum topload for maximum spark length is still something of a black art.  It's been my experience that bigger is almost always better, though surely there is a size at which breakout no longer occurs.  It may be that the critical size is bigger than my sense of aesthetics or budget would allow.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA