Re: [TCML] quench times again

John,

Terry suggests that typical streamers are about 220 k ohms (?),  with
about 1pf of capacitance per foot, I think. I think some DRSSTC researchers
found a different value.  I think tube coils give a much lower  streamer
impedance, but the streamers also tend to be much shorter for a given input
power.

I think I was reading something about that a little bit ago, I think it was 100K and 3pf or something like that...

It takes more power to produce a thick bright streamer, compared to a  dim
streamer.

Even though I think we could talk about it for some time, I think it comes down to more power = bigger brighter sparks.. that's the easy one! Though Like you say, with higher bps, It is more like an illusion of higher output power, probable that 2 bangs re-ignite the previous streamer path....

this image I took looks an interesting image... http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/IMPULSE/workshop/DSCF0011.JPG Looking towards the centre of the spark, there is several purple lines which look like they are almost parallel to eachtoher. The image is not to great, but is multiple bangs are supposed to help, then it does not seem the case in that picture... Each spark seems to pretty much follow its own path.. I think it is a nice picture nonetheless! 10 geek points awarded if you can tell the manufacture of the toroid!

Chris