Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] ice cold Maxwell caps

Thanks David & Bert

 Things went well and the temp. was only down to 38 at time of
firing.  I feel more confident in the future with lower tempatures.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You shouldn't have any problems. Just don't accidentally whack the
capacitor cases, since the polypropylene may be a bit stiffer and could
crack.

Maxwell rates most of their plastic-cased low rep rate caps for a
minimum operating temperature of -10C, and their high rep-rate PP caps
at -30C. The difference may be due to the particular dielectric fluid
used in the caps. It must remain liquid for the capacitor to perform
properly.

In either case you should be fine.

Bert