RE: [TCML] Bug Zapper coil

I made no attempt to determine the original cap's value - I just gouged it out.

Another thing with ceramic disk caps is that they're extremely temperature-dependant.  Try putting a 1nF cap on a capacitance meter and touch a soldering iron, just briefly, to one of the leads to warm it up.  Trying to get the coil in tune with such a moving target would be futile.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA