Re: [TCML] quench times againInbox

Hi Jared,

Jared Dwarshuis wrote:
For a given level of power we can always expect the amplitude to
decrease as we increase the frequency.
Agree.
This also holds true for coupling. As we diminish the transfer time
the amplitude decreases
Yes, absolutely. But as frequency is increased, transfer time is increased minus the losses associated in the conductors and dielectric.
Hence a rather good recipe for poor coil performance is high frequency
with tight coupling.
For the normal coils built these days, I agree 100%!
The recipe is only good for what has been built thus far.

Take care,
Bart