RE: [TCML] pig Jacobs (don't totally blow off resistive ballasting)

Aaron

I used a virtually identical Rballast years ago using
baking soda, and a windshield wiper motor+lead
screw combo to side a 1/4" SS plate between two
1/4" fixed SS plates wired in parallel.  Plates slid in
a 2" x 8" salt treated wood frame.  Worked absolutely
flawlessly (at up to 60A -- NO TYPO @ 240VAC).

Railroads used liquid rheostats in early electric
traction, and with radiator type electrolyte cooling
and natural convection cooling  would be dam**
near indestructible at 100's of kVA passing; at a
FRACTION of the cost of a high power
inductive ballast.  Wire and steel costs have lately
skyrocketed, and this neatly circumvents the cost
issue.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA