Re: Current Distribution Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:36:48 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Current Distribution Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

This brings to mind a semi related point.
     Secondary current can be low.
     Is it the same, top to base (or vice versa)?

     I know this seems counterintuitive & mayhap I am overthinking:
       if a resonant secondary 'works like' a 1/4 wave antenna,
       would there be a current antinode (buildup) at the base.

     Anyone measured?

     How say the theoreticians?

     More so if operating without breakout?

     best
      dwp"

	In the absence of discharge from the top the current distribution in a relatively long grounded coil should be about the same as in a grounded quarter wave vertical antenna - almost sinusoidal with maximum at the bottom and essentially zero at the top.  With enough top loading the current should be essentially uniform.

Ed