Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 00:30:02 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

Hi Chris,

I've mentioned permeability in these posts and this is directly related
to your question. Permeability is a value that defines how much
magnetism a material will have in a given magnetic field. Under a
magnetic field, poles align strengthening their magnetic properties. The
degree to which these alignments occur under a given magnetic field is
based on the material. Copper and Aluminum both have a very near value
for this alignment process. Both copper and aluminum will respond
magnetically in the influence of a magnetic field, and their
magnetization is very close between the two.

Take care,
Bart