RE: double wound secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:07:24 -0500
From: Terry Oxandale <Toxandale@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: double wound secondary (fwd)

Interesting discussion. When I used to test protection and control
schemes for the local utility, If I couldn't obtain a high enough
current to pass through the CT, I would start twisting the supply cable,
and the tighter the cable was twisted together, the greater the
resulting current (with no other changes). I deduced this was because
these cables were opposite polarity (one feed and one return), and that
the mutual inductance was reducing overall impedance in the circuit. Now
if both cables were of the same polarity, would the opposite be true
(tightly wound cable increasing the total impedance?)?

Terry