Re: fFINAL REPORT Cu COIL vs Al COIL (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:17:43 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fFINAL REPORT Cu COIL vs Al COIL (fwd)

I forgot, (and am too lazy to go searching through the
hundreds of posts on this subject) are the two coils
wound with the same diameter, wire gauge, and turns?
When you say "the coils are as close to the same as I
could wind them" are you referring to physical or DC
electrically?

thanks
Adam"

	Same physically.  Same ID and outside length but with different wire sizes of course.  The Al wire was pretty hard and I had enough trouble trying to wrap it around a form which would relax to ~ 3" ID that I wouldn't want anyone to see it - pretty ugly but still did the job.

	Note that the Al wire size was 0.125" OD, probably nearer #8 than #10.  I was way too cheap to buy #8 copper and make a direct comparison and couldn't find any #12 so did with what I had.

Ed