Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:06:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

His proposed schematic only allows charging during the
dwell time of the "charging" electrodes. However, the
consensus seems to be that it's plenty of time. I only
have experience with a standard pig/rsg coil, which is
able to charge as slowly as it likes, up to the point
of gap presentation, as you stated. His schematic can
only charge during "charging" presentation. Even at
fairly high power on my pig coil, using JavaTC to
simulate, I can run my rsg fast enough that I don't
get full charge before each bang. Apparently DC coils
are different.

Adam

http://tangent.cluenet.org/~chules/hv/tesla/dtsg.html

http://farechase.yahoo.com/