Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:06:42 -0500
From: Crispy <crispy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

My concern with a design based on the heating of electrodes is that,
when first turned on, the electrodes start off cool.  Therefore, the gap
will initially fire at a higher voltage than after it heats up.  Do
remnant ionized trails in static gaps have anything to do with increased
propensity to fire, or am I completely lost?

Thanks,
Chris B aka. Crispy