Re: Tesla literature (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:12:42 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla literature (fwd)

Hi all,

all of the seniors at my highschool have to do a senior independant study.
I'm doing mine on my coil and about Tesla himself.  I have to write a 15-20
page paper so I figured Tesla would be good for at least 10 pages.  Can
anyone reccomend some good resources about Tesla and tesla coils besides the
cheney book and the nikola tesla treasury?  I already have those but the way
they are written, especially the one with tesla's patents in it, is a bit
confusing.

Thanks
Drake Schutt"

WIZARD: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF NIKOLA TESLA

by Seifer is by far the best - you can get it from Amazon and others.  Beware that Cheny is the source of some of the myths and that most of what you read "on the web" is fiction even though some true believers will disagree.  Tesla's patents speak for themselves and require no outside verification interpretation even though the language is Victorian and a lot of technical terms have changed since them.  Tesla loved giving extravagent stories to the press but the USPO questioned everything in the patents and what ended up in the finished patents is a pretty accurate representation of the CLAIMS.  Some of the patents are trivial and some are speculative but still worth reading.

Ed