Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:01:48 -0600
From: Gary Peterson <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

> Rather than quote Tesla why don't you give us your own calculations

God willing, my mathematical analysis of the Tesla system will begin at some
point in the near future; I'm presently tooling up.  In the meantime you
should be satisfied with Peter Terren's calculations that have resulted in a
global transmission line loss figure of approximately 80 - 85 kW, a mere 10%
or so larger than that cited by Tesla.

As for providing a design for the transmitter (resonator diameter, length,
wire size, Q, insulation to withstand the high voltage, also elevated
terminal, ground terminal, master oscillator, HV power supply, etc.) there
are other people on and off this list who are more qualified than I am for
that job.

Errata: A paragraph from a previous post should read,

"The Tesla coil RF transmitter described in the above patent constituted a
departure from the earlier transmitter planned for the Wardenclyffe facility
(see www.teslaradio.com/images/image014.gif ).  Rather than strictly an
earth resonance transmitter, the new design was of the type in which a
second conducting path would be established in the upper half-space between
plant's elevated terminal and that of the distant receiving facility.  It is
possible the 1902 transmitter could also be used to excite an earth
resonance mode."