Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:00:07 EDT
From: Ln2guy42@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil  (fwd)

Thank you all for all your comments!

I know that my power supply is low, that's because my parents are concerned
about my safety and they don't want me getting hurt. In fact, I had to earn
that  6kv 30ma transformer. When I first wanted to build the tesla coil, my dad
wouldn't let me use mains power, so I built a battery powered flyback
transformer driver circuit. I used that to power my tesla coil for a  couple of
months before buying the NST. The video of the DC Tesla Coil is at
_http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oQNf1T0dnY_ (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oQNf1T0dnY)

Unfortunately, my NST died recently, so I just ordered a 15kv 30ma (450
watts)NST off of ebay. I am hoping to get longer discharges with that.

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why my other NST died.
I was trying it with an asynchronous rotary spark gap with the TC and I had
only run it for about 10 seconds for the first time that day, when it just
stopped arcing. I had no filters or any rf chokes which is what I suspect was
what caused it. I didn't think I needed them because I was dealing with such
low  power.
On my next transformer I will definitely put in a terry filter on it.

You guys are really nice!
Thank you
Amir