Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:47:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil  (fwd)

NSTs are fragile.  The ARSG probably overvolted it and
killed it.  I doubt an RF low pass filter would have
helped any.  Best thing to do with your new 15/30 is
to run a static spark gap.  Keep the gap spacing
conservative, and use a larger-than-resonant tank cap.
 These measures will help your NST live longer.

Cheers,

Greg