Mutability of History. Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:02:19 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mutability of History.  Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

>Tesla may not have had money but he was taken care of. Westinghouse was
>paying his bill.
>
>As for him be remembered only people involved with power and distribution  of
>power and hobbyist are even aware of his name.
    Rather more than that, tho, I concur Tesla could/should be better
    understood.

>Guglielmo Marconi gets lions share of credit for radio
     He made it work, sold it, got it Really Going.
     While Tesla was annoying J P Morgan enough that the money
     got cut off.

> and Edison get lions share of credit when the only thing Edison contributed to
> electrical power is the light bulb.
     A deal more than that.  Concept of central station.  The Fuse.
     Others.  (It can be argued that others had priority on the
     (incandescent) light bulb...)

     For myself I see no need to run down Edison to build up Tesla.

> Even DC is disappearing with the advent of frequency  drives.
     DC is growing daily.  Use of modern solid state choppers
     allows DC aplication widely, including long distance
     transmission.  (Hint: Some of the KWHRs i use to send this
     arrive by +/- 500KVDC link from Canada.)

     best
      dwp