Re: Lightning strikes monitor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:34:13 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lightning strikes monitor (fwd)

I need to do some reading on this and thanks for the references and groups.
The di/dt of perhaps 10kA/us is similar to my cap bank which gets to 100kA
plus in 10us.
One needs to know where the voltage across the single lighning rod will go
and also the RF and electrostatic shielding.  This would all be a lot
simpler at ground level where there are 4 main legs. These are all steel of
course and I don't know how steel will affect things. Presumable enough
current will saturate the iron but I am not sure that 25kA per leg would do
that.

Neverthe less it might be one of those once in 10 years events and I am not
sure I am patient enough.

Peter