troubleshooting tesla coil, continued (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:19:45 -0400
From: Marko Ruban <Marko@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: troubleshooting tesla coil, continued

Hello guys, I'm back from a long summer vacation.  As per previous
suggestions I have acquired an old NST transformer (12kV, 60Hz, 60mA
output).  And the spark gap does run now with capacitor/primary in
circuit.  However, there's no visible effect on the topload, still.
Could it be that badly un-tuned?

Please see the photo of my simple setup and make any suggestions...
http://marko.dppl.com/TC_setup.jpg

The flat rectangular thing in front, is the capacitor, which should be
about 7pF.  Can't make a more specific measurement since my new
multimeter is still in the mail.  Spark gap is on top of the NST, and
consists of two screws facing each other (about 0.2" adjustable
spacing).  Wire running in the back to the right is the ground.

Also, here's a dump of JavaTC for my coil...
http://marko.dppl.com/coil.txt

Thanks in advance for any assistance.