Re: Setting up my "Lab" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 06:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up my "Lab" (fwd)

Try All Electronics in Van Nuys, CA.  They sell a
variety of BNC cables, BNC connectors & adapters,
banana plugs & jacks, gender changers, RG-58, RG-59.
RG-8, etc., etc.  Check both the on-line catalog AND
their sales flyer, as the two don't always match up!
Very inexpensive surplus stuff.  Stock turns over
frequently, so check back often if at first you don't
see what you're after.

Cheers,

Greg

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: C. Sibley <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Setting up my "Lab"
>
> Finally got a nice used scope, waveform generator
> and DC power supply. I
> have some ideas for some Tesla related
> goodies/circuits I'm going to
> experiment with.
>
> Anyway, I'm a little shocked to find that pomona
> banana jumper/leads are
> almost $5 each new, and a BNC cable can run $12.
> I'm in danger of
> spending more on cables and acessories than I did
> for my used scope!  I
> never appreciated how much money was tied up in the
> labs I've worked in
> during my stint in Aerospace!
>
> Anyway, does anyone know of a place to get this kind
> of stuff surplus?
> I'm coming up empty looking on eBay.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.