Re: troubleshooting tesla coil, continued (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:32:38 -0400
From: Marko Ruban <Marko@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: troubleshooting tesla coil, continued (fwd)

It is made of steel wire :) actually.  And thanks for noting that.

I do have 1/4" copper tubing available to make a new primary, but I
didn't think performance would be effected THAT much.  Can you briefly
tell me why steel is bad for this purpose?

Can you hint how to tap onto the copper tubing?  Is it just an alligator
clip?  Does the tap have to be bolted on?

Thanks