Re: [TCML] Dry Ice

Hey Mike,

you have a point there, during one of my holloween escapades, I ran the output of the fogger machine thru a modified icechest holding dry ice. basically I drilled 2 4" holes thru the chest lengthwise, put hardware wire along the holes to suspende the dry ice, the fog would travel through the "wire mesh tube" picking up the colder air plus the dry ice "fog", the combination of the fogger and the dry ice made a ground hugging effect. Having this combination above a coil during operation would probably create some very interesting visual aspects. Im suspecting a near waterfall effect as the fog rolls off of the topload...

Scot D

Mike H wrote:

One note on making fog.

Dry ice will create fog that tends to hang together and hug the ground
as it typically is cooler than ambient air.  Typical Fog machine Fog
expands and rises as it is typically produced by heating a glycerin
fluid on a hot plate.  this creates a fog that is easily carried by
air flows and is usually warmer than ambient air so it likes to rise.

Both ways of making fog can be adjusted, one by heating water, the
other by cooling the fog as it exits the machine.  Both add
complexity.