[TCML] Power supply, capacitor cfg, and BPS challange

Hello List,

Here's an interesting hypothetical scenario. I have a Lamda / A.L.E. 802s
cap charger that can deliver 50KV@8KJ DC per second. Here's the challenge:

Given (2) new .1uf 50KV General Atomics high rep caps, what would anyone
conjecture the ideal cap configuration would be for maximum spark length?

We have the ability to put the caps in parallel, series or run only one. The
ARSG is variable and is assumed to be able to deliver any needed power and
BPS. The coil geometry is entirely selectable. This takes into consideration
a fair amount of collective knowledge I would think.

Here are some very helpful tools: energy in a charged capacitor at voltage =
x - http://electronics2000.co.uk/calc/calcchrg.php

Rep rates, charge time, etc. cool equations -
http://www.lambda-hp.com/pdfs/application%20notes/93008500rC.pdf

Any comments will be a learning opportunity for me and maybe for others.

BTW: I bought this great supply for a song on Ebay and performed some minor
repairs on it and was delighted to get it working with RS232 remote control.
It's actual intended purpose is to charge my big Aerovox discharge caps for
wire break down and possibly coil shrinking. But I started thinking what a
cool Tesla PS it could be. ***The General Atomics Capacitor configuration is
real consideration***. I assume brake rate and voltage level trumps the caps
in parallel bang for a given reasonable current availabilty.

Thanks,
Jim Mora