[TCML] HIGH Q number crunching WIP update

Hi all,

2 PDF files, the first one shows the demo coil in JAVATC but reduced to 0.6J ( running on 8KV )

The second pdf shows my current construction for my high Q system. OK I missed out a fair few bits, but according to the results the high Q 80turn coil can easily do just as well as the 895 turn demo coil.

For those who want to skip to the point, both designs appear to output the same KV ( well they do math wise). Though I hope my high Q design will actually perform a lot better than a conventional coil... easier said than done, but every step of the way is a calculation nightmare, but getting there!!

http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/temp/javatc.pdf

http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/temp/javatcQ.pdf

http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/IMPULSE/20kvq/ ( a little more info )

There are 2 designs using the same secondary, one is a high Q LV design (100V solid state design) and the listed 20KV design. There is actually a lot of work and data to crunch and of course is taking its time to build :-(

Currently building a 20KV pulse cap out of tin foil and food tubs, been 10 years since I built one, the good old days ;-)

I might also add apologies for the poor pdf print out, and poor WIP hack of JAVATC too :)

Chris