Re: [TCML] parallel operation of a single phase transformers.

When you can pick up a used xmfr from most neon shops for $25-$50, and
considering the incredible amount of time, work, and precision required to
work with nst sec windings (typically 38 to 42 AWG wire), it really makes
more sense to scrap it out and pick up another xmfr.

I get them for $40, unpot them in the summer over a BBQ grill in a
throw-away aluminum pie pan, then pull out some of the shunts, drop them
into a Walmart plastic tub, and you have an excellent 200 plus mA xmfr that
delivers 12 kV for under $50 --- including the charcoal for the grill!

It can be done but it really is a stretch on your patience and certainly not
economically viable.

BTW, anyone on the list know Jack King's email or tel number?  A friend of
mine is looking for some large variacs for a coil project, and I suggested
Jack might be a good source.

Dr. Resonance