Re: [TCML] Colour of G10

  The glass fiber reinforcement is essentially colorless. The color of G10 composite comes from the epoxy resin. G10 color varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, and ranges from a yellowish-tan to pale green. The color of the uncured epoxy resin an be quite different from the final cured state. G10 and the familiar FR4 printed circuit board material are nearly identical, the FR4 having a fire-retardant added to the epoxy. G11 and FR5 are another grade of glass/epoxy composite that have a higher operating temperature than G10/FR4, and range in color from a yellow-green to pale amber. All these materials can be obtained in other colors on special order. Some companies fabricate prototype or experimental PCBAs using red FR-4 so there is no chance that an experimental PCBA will "accidentally" get shipped in a production product.
  Regards,
  Scott Hanson

DC Cox <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The laminated material is glass fibers, hence the green color. The G in
G-10 stands for "glass" laminate.

Dr. Resonance