Re: [TCML] pole pig minus case

In a message dated 4/27/08 2:00:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello  everyone,

This thread kind of reminds me of a question that's been  bouncing around in
my mind; I can see the limitations of using too small  of a power supply on a
larger coil. However, assuming that one is using a  variac and/or adjustable
ballast to control the output, is there any  problem with using an overly
large supply on smaller coils, as long as  output is controlled?
Hypothetically, could a smaller (2" secondary for  example) coil be
effectively run with a pig for example, without loss of  performance? Yes, I
know it's way overkill, but could it be done? Just  wondering,

Neal.

Hi Neal,

I think it could be done, but pigs are not current limited, so the  necessary
ballast would be formidable.

Matt D.

listings at AOL Autos.