Re: [TCML] tery filter (terry filter)

Two reasons:

The resistors are large (25 or 50 watt) and since the center of the filter
is usually a ground strip, the edges must be at least 5 inches away to
prevent "HV creepage" across the insulating board.  Also, don't handle your
board with bare hands as it will deposit small amounts of sodium salts on
the board which could cause it to become slightly conductive and enhance
creepage (I use plastic gloves for good results).

Dr. Resonance