Re: [TCML] first coil

Hi Dr. R,

I think there is a problem with your decoding of the texting  shorthand:

I believe
 "s/d 4.4" means secondary diameter is 4.4 inches,
 "s/h 16" means secondary height is 16 inches,
 "topload r/d 4" means minor diameter of 4 inches,
 "overall dia14" means overall diameter OF THE TOPLOAD is 14  inches.
 "primary dia .25 spacing .38" means primary is made of 0.25  in copper
tubing with 0.38" between turns,
 "hole dia 5", angle30 deg,20' of coil"means primary inner diameter is  5
inches,
 using 20 ft of primary tubing in a 30 degree inverted cone.

There may be too little tubing for much primary. The coupling may be  too
high due to closeness.

Matt D.

In a message dated 4/28/08 7:30:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,