Re: [TCML] Toroid Problems

The NST may have been good when you bought it, but you could have overvolted
it already.  attach a wire to each terminal and see if they both arc to the
case of the NST, but be sure that you are insulated from said wire and
case.  If one end produces a feebler arc or none at all then you have a
problem.