RE: [TCML] Tesla Coil in Beijing: press release

Hmm:

Wisconsin firm makes Tesla coil for Olympics ceremonies
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781375
Resonance Research Corp. of Baraboo developed a 40-foot-tall Tesla coil that was used during the opening ceremony. It’s slated for another appearance during the closing ceremony Aug. 24. The device sends tendrils of lightning as long as 100 feet that are generated from two domes. It pops out 20 million volts of electricity.
Resonance Research has built lasers, Van de Graaff generators, crackle tubes and other devices for museums for more than four decades.
It took about a year to make the $1.3 million device, which was shipped to China by boat two months ago, Cox said. He said he has two staffers at the Games, providing technical assistance. Another contractor has 20 employees there to help with the set-up.
Wisconsinites can get a closer look at a Tesla device. Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin has a Tesla coil made by Resonance Research about 22 years ago.
It looks exactly the same as the one in China, just a bit smaller, Cox said.
Just don’t tell the Chinese the device is American-made, he cautioned.
“They kind of want people to assume it’s a local thing,” he said.

____

Hmm.

Jeff Behary