[TCML] Primary Tap connector

Folks-

    Recently there was a short thread about different  types of connectors to
tap the primary coil. Well, I finally got around to  taking a coupla pics of
my primary tap connector:

_http://members.aol.com/fiftyguy/TC_Primary_Tap_Conn_1.jpg_
(http://members.aol.com/fiftyguy/TC_Primary_Tap_Conn_1.jpg)

_http://members.aol.com/fiftyguy/TC_Primary_Tap_Conn_2.jpg_
(http://members.aol.com/fiftyguy/TC_Primary_Tap_Conn_2.jpg)

    Very simple. I just took a small aluminum block,  drilled it through for
the wire, drilled and tapped for setscrews to hold the  wire, drilled a hole
for the primary coil's tubing (helps to drill from both  sides at an angle to
match the curve of the primary near the tap point, but not  necessary), and
drilled crosswise for the clamp bolt. I then sawed the block in  two halves.
Tapped the wire side for the clamp bolt, counter-bored the other  half for the
head of the clamp bolt so it wouldn't protrude. Rounded off all  edges and
corners.
    The set screws for the wire and the socket head cap  screw for the clamp
are stainless steel. I was hoping that they would be ozone  resistant, and
their higher resistance would mitigate inductive heating.  Just make sure you use
anti-seize on the threads, since otherwise stainless and  aluminum can get
quite sticky - and there's a lot of current pulsing  through the thing...

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

Read reviews on AOL Autos.