Re: [TCML] Secondary to toriod ?

Stan,

If I understand your proposed method of mounting the toroid, you submit that
the bolt be inserted down into the secondary coilform.
This is probably not such a good idea, but I see your reasoning that the
bolt would be at about the same potential as the secondary
at that height.  If the bolt extended farther into the secondary, there
would be a potential difference between the bolt and the level
of the secondary winding that the bolt is adjacent to.

I actually use this method of adjusting the coupling on my coil, just at the
bottom end where there is no winding on the coilform.
The bolt being allthread rod with a nut and washer to adjust the
height.Inside the coilform, I glued a pvc pipe and cap for the rod to
extend into.

To adjust the toroid using a variation of your proposed method, I would
mount the allthread rod into the coilform top, possibly
insulating it with a cap, as you proposed, but I would leave the excess rod
sticking above the toroid thereby allowing a pair of
nuts and washers sandwiching the disc of the toroid, to allow for height
adjustment.

Just my  $0.02 worth.

Marko
KC5GYM