RE: [TCML] wheelchair motor

I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but I don't know how else to say it - let me try to give you some helpfl advise.

You are trying to do somehting with a motor - you haven't said what, and you have some questions - this is good - but I would encourage  you to do the following

1. read up on basic motor technologies so you know the difference between a stepper, a DC PM motor, a brush-motor with a field coil, and AC induciton motors at least.  There are plenty of very easy to understand tutorials available on the internet - ten minutes of reading will really help, an hour or two of study will answer many if not all of your questions

2. read up on motor controllers - as above, there are lots of sites with excellent information.  Understand how to control the various motors, how control is specifiex, what the key parameters are, and what technologies and vendors offer solutions.

Neither of the above two steps require advanced technical education - both are things that a junior high school student who was interested inthe subjects could easily handle. Designing a fancy motor controller can require special skills, but understanding what they do at a basic level does not.

Once you understand the basic technology of motors and motor control, you will know if the motor you have will meet your needs, and you will know waht choices apply to controlling it in accordance with your needs.

What you are attempting now, randomly applying voltages to stuff, is not unlike picking something up off the street and eating it to see if it is edible - acquiring a little more knowlege will really go a long way to improving your project's feasibility and your technical skills.