To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 2:02 PM
Subject: [TCML] Tesla coils in films, a little help wanted

Hi all.

I'm in the process of making a list of MOVIES where Tesla coils appear either only the coil itself, sparks from a coil or both. I would also like to know WHO(company/person) was
responsible for the effects/coils.

At present I have the following movies on my list :

The Prestige: AFAIK the sparks are computer generated but I'm not 100% sure.

xXx: Sparks produced by kVA effects. I'm also not 100% sure about this.

Star Trek:The Movie: I have no information on who produced the sparks here.

The Entity: Sparks by Bill Wysock. No doubt about this information.

Terminator 2: Roumors say that Mark Barton has produced the effects but in the end titles a company called "The Artificial Lighting Company" appear and next to it the name Ed Angell. I can find no verification if Mark was involved in this so I have to assume the
information in the film is correct.

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix: Sparks are "sampled" from coils by HVFX. It says so on their site so I have to assume that information is correct.

A Tesla coil also appear in an episode of "I Am Weasel" but as this is a cartoon, well....

Any other films you can think of?

All help is greatly appreciated. Please contact me off list as I think this is on the fringe of
being a valid topic here.

Thanks!
/Matt