Re: [TCML] NST failure ?? variac problem too

Shaun,

That doesn't sound good. There should be no DC path from either of the 120 VAC primary terminals to the case ground. The secondary resistances to ground sound about right. Is this a new GFI type transformer? Even if so, there should be infinite DC resistance between the primary windings and the case.

Dave
I checked the NST with a ohmmeter I I measure 3.3 and 3.7 ohms to ground from the 120VAC terminals. ??????? Each secondary terminal was about 2.5K ohms to ground. It's an Allanson type 455B if that helps. Is my NST blown??