-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Tuck <follies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

JOHN:

I think you have solved things. Prior to modification the speed was 1440
[just under] on a decent hand held tacho. Now it is 1498 - 1501 rpm
variable. I checked it this time using an electronic rev counter [Microset Clock Timer, that uses a photo electric] The mechanical one also gave 1500
in this instance.

I am presuming you can't convert an induction into a Hysteresis by accident using the pole shaving method, if so mine would appear to be correctly done
at 1500 rpm.

Regards

Phil