Re: [TCML] Coil Test Firing

Check the spark gap width (narrow it). You should connect the caps directly across the transformer with nothing else connected to the cap or transformer to adjust the proper gap width (open the gap up as far as possible with consistent and steady firing, and remember to turn power off before adjusting). Once you've achieved that, then hook the rest of the circuit to it and try the coil.

Bart

Matt wrote:
My first test firing has failed, I think it may be my salt water caps any
ideas? Connections are good, makes faint buzzing, but nothing happens.

Please feedback ASAP - I am meant to be displaying my coil tomorrow!

Thanks a lot

-Matthew