From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:35 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] First TC firing

Thanks for all feedback, it has been very helpful.

Spark gap does not fire - I've had the gap practically closed and still no
response. I'm pretty sure the wiring is fine - I checked it many times, and
even when I wired it with the caps in parallel with the spark gap on their
own there was still no spark. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a
dielectric puncture - I will have to look it up but I suspect this may be
very likely as the caps were pretty makeshift. As I've said - the spark gap
if definitely not too wide.

The OBIT still works though - I set up a quick jacobs ladder to make sure
and it works fine.

On top of that I do probably need to have done my calculations a lot better.
Will the fact that my wire for the primary is enameled pretty thickly affect
it adversely?

-Matt