RE: [TCML] Re: IGBT CM600 max current ?

> . . . In the triggered BRISG [BRIck siSG], I have done up to 1260 BPS, but
I rarely exceed 300BPS because I like the streamers best at that BPS.

> Cheers, Finn Hammer

I'm interested to learn, what is the operating frequency of your Tesla coil?

Also, can you provide functional links to replace those broken ones
appearing in your 18 Nov 2006 message to the TCML with the subject line "Ye
good OL BRISG Tesla Coil" ?

----

To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ye good OL BRISG Tesla Coil
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:18:46 -0700

----

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

One great thing about being a seasoned member of this fine brotherhood of
high voltage pulsed engineers is, that if the recipe starts with: "You take
an OLTC", well then I can go to the shed and drag out an old battered
prototype.
And when the recipe continues:
"Then sprinkle with SISG topping", then I have recent experience with that
too.
Ok, Enough hand waving.
The guts of the product, the Off Line BRIck siSG Tesla Coil, can be seen
here:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/guts.jpg

To get the gate of the CM600 open, I used a 36V TVZ, a 200nF cap a 5Ohm Gate
charging resistor and a 750ohm gate discharge resistor. The result can be
seen here:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/gatestuff.jpg
Resonant charging as usual,
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/resch.jpg

Does it make sparks, oh yes! And this coil is one that appears to favour
high break rates as seen on this short video, where I sweep from 63BPS to
1250BPS
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/22108/MOV00634.mpg.html
Cheers, Finn Hammer