[TCML] SISG resonant rise

Hello,

Maybe you remember, that I toasted a medical transformer because of
overvoltage at its secondary winding. The explanation I was given was
"resonant charging". My system runs STR 0.56 . Looking at my notes I
found:

"....Resonant rise between the MOT and tank cap does *not* occur with
the MOT and voltage doubling circuit since the diodes prevent
transfer of stored energy from the tank cap back into the MOT's.
Resonant rise depends upon *free* bi-directional energy exchange
between the leakage inductance of the MOT and the tank cap. The
diodes permit energy to transfer from the MOT to the tank cap, but
not the other way...."

Unfortunately I didn' note the author of this statement. If he is
right, than the only source of the overvoltage can be the EMF caused
by rapid switching of an inductance ( in this case the secondary
inductance of the MOT).

I am looking forward to reading your opinions.

Regards,

Herwig