From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Christopher Karr
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 7:54 PM
To: Tesla Pupman List
Subject: [TCML] Skin effect

Hello, everybody,

I've been reading up on the skin effect, and there's nothing that's very
conclusive on it. I have seen arguments that go either way, but no actual
studies. I'm in the process of testing this. If you'd like to read about my
test set-up, and, possibly, donate to the cause, you may go to my website at

http://www.teslasurplus.3000farad.com/donations/donations.htm

I am in need of a microscope and capacitors, as described on the page, and I
was wondering if anybody knew of a way to acquire said items. I haven't been
able to find any microscopes powerful enough for under $100 to test the
burning of the tissue.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any group that had tested the skin effect
on biological conductors.

The theory for the skin effect is simple, but it is hard to understand
exactly what forces are to blame. It's also difficult to determine what
amperage is enough to cause RF burns over extended periods.