Re: [TCML] Control Cabinet, X-ray cable, RF-Mains grounding

Hi Jim,

Jim Mora wrote:
I know that the spark gap ends need to be stripped back to the PE for 12 to
18". I am on the fence how to best and safely make this connection. Dr.
Resonance suggests grounding one side of the PT and using his RL filter and
thusly one HV feed. The perceived downside of this is that RF and mains
grounds are tied together albeit through the air core and resistor bank.
I ground one ear of my pig to RF ground as well as the case, thus, a single hv feed to the coil. Mains ground stops at the control cabinet. In this configuration, there's no connection to RF and mains ground (filter or not).

Bart