Re: [TCML] Flat strip primary inductance

Ed Phillips wrote:
<snip>
   How much of C 74 have you put in Excel?  I'd be interested in
copies of anything you'd care to share.  About 30 years ago [almost
exactly, that's when I got my first TRS-80] I started doing that in
Basic but never got beyond programs for inductance and mutual
inductance.
Ed

Ed,

I just did the transfer for the flat strip inductance. As you probably have experienced yourself, when transforming it to Basic, the job is accompanied by labourous transferring & fitting the tables needed, to computer-usable forms. So I was lazy to convert more of the valuable stuff to programs.

The relevant parts of NBS Circular 74 of 1918,
are Pages 250 to 262 + 285. They can be had at:

http://deanostoybox.com/hot-streamer/index.php?dir=TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/

or directly:
http://deanostoybox.com/hot-streamer/index.php?dir=TeslaCoils%2FOtherPapers%2FCirc74%2F
(download Part5_10.tif till Part5_16.tif and Part5_27.tif)

Best regards

Kurt