RE: [TCML] Running a TC in snow

I forget a lot of the particulars.

My Dad worked in England during WW-II (he was born there and moved here at
age 14). He is a Physicist and worked on RADAR.

We went over to Europe for his sabbatical in 1960 and toured through some of
his old labs.  I forget which lab it was - I think Cavendish - they still
had the ladder with the charred footprints on it. They were working with
high voltage (Cockcroft-Walton) and particle accelerators and the way to
measure the voltage was to climb up the ladder holding a ball on the end of
a bakelite rod. The ball had a grounded wire attached to it. When you drew
an arc, your position on the ladder would give you the voltage.

One day, the other end of the wire came loose from its ground terminal.

The guy survived.

Dave